The WSG Stadium was officially opened on June 16, 1959, to herald a new era. The alpine stadium what then considered the most modern sports complex in Western Austria. A solar system on the roof of the stadium heated the water for the adjacent swimming pool. Eight years after the inauguration, however, the stadium had to be extended. Also, after the team won promotion into the national league in 1967, an additional grandstand was erected on the south side because many of Austria's leading clubs came to Wattens. It was not uncommon at this time for the turnstiles to register more than 10,000 spectators.
In 2013, on the occasion of our long-serving president Gernot Langes' 70th birthday, the stadium was renamed the Gernot Langes Stadium and was also renovated. There was also a big celebration with all the players that Gernot Langes had brought to both Wattens and Innsbruck during his decades-long tenure as president: Hansi Müller, Roland Hattenberger, Ove Flindt, Kurt Welzl, Arnold Koreimann and very many more.
The stadium currently has an official capacity of 5,023 spectators, with undercover seating for 1,000 and standing places for 300. A beautiful TV tower was built and appropriate floodlighting installed following WSG Wattens advancement into the SkyGo First League in June 2016. The stadium complex has an addition grassed area under floodlights and a smaller artificial grass pitch.
WSG SWAROVSKI WATTENS
Gernot Langes Stadium
Dr. Karl-Stainerstraße 30 and 31
6112 Wattens, Austria
Mon. to Thurs. 08:30 - 12:30
13:30 - 17:00
Fri. 08:30 - 12:00
Open all day on match days!